Ludacris has now joined the ranks of musicians becoming Tech investors by announcing a partnership with an Atlanta based online shipping marketplace mobile app Roadie, the Uber of package delivery.
Ludacris (aka Chris Bridges) the musician and actor is partnering with the company while also maintaining a commitment to the Atlanta community. Bridges said in a statement “I am intrigued by new technology and I love seeing the Atlanta tech scene on the rise so I partnered with Roadie to help spread the word about this brand new, completely unique app created in Atlanta. In a world where I feel we need a lot more people helping each other out, Friendshipping is the future, ”
Since launching in January 2015, the Roadie app has been downloaded more than 130K times and built a community that spans all 50 states. Ludicrous joins the ranks of a growing group of athletes, actors, musicians, directors, and entertainers who are all getting into the startup game as either Tech investors or entrepreneurs. Nas has already invested in more than 30 tech companies through his New York-based fund QueensBridge Venture Partners.
Tech startups generally go through a series of financing rounds over the various stages of their growth and investors get involved in either early Seed finance or Series A, B, or C funding rounds. It’s been an increasingly attractive area for celebrities who are looking to expand their investment portfolios beyond property or endorsements and some of the names who’ve invested include;
- Splice – Tiesto, Scooter Braun, Steve Angello (Series A)
- Casper – Adam Levine, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Queensbrige Venture Partners, A-Grade, Consigliere Capital, Scooter Braun (SeriesA/B)
- BioBeats – Scooter Braun, Will Smith, Damon Wayans (Seed)
- Wash.io – Scooter Braun, Troy Carter, A Grade, Queensbridge Venture Partners (Seed)
- Mobli – Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Lance Armstrong, Serena Williams (Angel)
- Julep Beauty – Jada Pinkett Smith, Will Smith, Jay-Z, Troy Carter (Series B)
- Robinhood – Snoop Dogg, Jared Leto, Queensbridge Venture Partners (Series A)
- Shots – Justin Bieber, Floyd Mayweather, Omar Epps (Seed)
- Stamped – Ellen Degeneres, Justin Bieber, Seacrest Global Group (Seed)
Bridges has been a long-time supporter of Atlanta-based youth, college students and families through his Ludacris Foundation and the LudaDay Weekend, held each year over Labor Day. The Roadie partnership is another step in his commitment to the Atlanta community. By supporting the Atlanta-based startup scene, Ludacris aims to help provide more educational and career opportunities to area residents. Through the partnership, Ludacris will help promote Roadie at various events, promotions and via his massive social network.